Sunday, March 28, 2010

Potpourri - In other words, a hodge-podge blog

Before the neck slimmer
After the neck slimmer. Clearly, I wasted $30, which I can't get back! Grrr! My good friend, Debbie, came for a visit the other day. These are her boys with my boys. They range in age from 8 years to Nick, the youngest, who will be 4 on April 30!


Notice the pretty placemats. My Great Grandma Clara (R.I.P. Grandma) crocheted these. I used them at dinner tonight and Mike (the neat freak that he is) said I was nuts to use white, handmade crocheted placemats with two little boys who were about to partake in messy tacos. I quickly pointed out to Mike that I knew Grandma would be smiling down in heaven to see her great, great grandsons using her placemats. When dinner was over, there was taco meat/sauce all over the placemats but I didn't care. I'll wash them and they will be good to go for the next meal. It gave me joy to use something my great grandma took so much time in doing.



2 comments:

Steph said...

Are you sure it isn't just a little bit slimmer? hehe...

The Stille's said...

I think I see a little difference