Monday, March 29, 2010

A weighty issue

Remember my blog from last week when I was ranting I never have enough time to work out? I came up with an idea, inspired by my good friend, Melissa (thanks Mel). Last year Melissa was on a mission to lose weight so every week she took a picture of herself on the scale (Yes, the numbers and all) so everyone could see her progress. My main goal in doing something like this is so I can be be accountable. If I post it on my blog then I know people are reading it. My hope is it would jump start my weight loss. I announced to my friends at work that I too was going to do the same thing (however, there is a big difference between Mel and me....like 30 lbs!). They were horrified but admired my courage. There is no doubt that my friends will be encouraging me every step of the way and everyday I come into work they ask me........"Did you do it, Amy?" I haven't done the "deed" yet. I had every intention to post my weight last week until I got on the scale and realized that people might have mistaken that particular blog as a recap of our most recent trip the zoo!
So, everyone has been pre-warned. Please, keep your children from viewing the blog during the next several weeks as some content in this blog simply isn't appropriate for their innocent eyes. Ha!

3 comments:

Steph said...

You are brave!!!!!!!

debbie said...

Amy, you are to hard on yourself. I think you look great!
Good luck and I will encourage you all the way.

The Stille's said...

good idea