Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Husband, a.k.a. Mr. Politics

My husband is obsessed with politics and history, something I thought I'd never see. This was a man who didn't even know who the president was from 1994 through the Bush years. In the last 2 years he has devoured books and I will give him credit, he knows what he's talking about. I have actually learned a lot from him but at a cost. After awhile he starts to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher. For example, since health care is such a hot topic right now, I asked him about it and off he went, 30 minutes later I could barely keep my eyes open. All I could hear in my head was Ferris Buellar's teacher giving roll call, "Buellar, Buellar, Buellar." He gets annoyed with me because he says in order to truly learn the facts, he can't just can't give me the condensed version, which I've asked for time and time again. The problem is I'm interested in learning but he loses me after about 15 minutes and then he's ticked with me because he says I only want the watered down version. All I can say is had someone told me even 5 years ago that he would be this interested in our government and its history, I would have told that person that was the most absurb statement I'd ever heard.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

don't even get him started