Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's good to be a Siebert boy

I am so blessed to have family and friends who love spending time with my boys. Even though I work all summer and as much as my boys would love to have me home, they truly get to enjoy summer with family and friends. Here's a brief run-down of their week and you decide for yourself if they have any reason to complain about anything!
Sunday night - Jay spent the night with my mom. When he woke up Monday morning, my mom made him buttermilk pancakes and per Jay's choice they hung out at home all day and played and watched the old "Karate Kid" movie.
Monday - Nick got to spend the day with his beloved Qu-wisty (Christy). Christy took him to the zoo and out for ice cream - What a great day for a 4 year old!
Tuesday - Nick went to vacation bible school with Aunt Mimi, McDonald's play land and the park. Jay got his day with Christy and she took him to the Decatur Children's Musuem.
Wednesday - Nick returned to his regular daycare provider, Anna's house, where he spent the day playing outside in her enormous, fun-filled yard. Anna said he took a 3 hour nap that day because he played so hard outside. Jay spent another day with Christy. They went to the movies in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. I mean really, does life get much better and it's only Wednesday? That evening we topped the evening off by swimming at Aunt Mimi's - Thanks Aunt Mimi, you're the best.
Thursday - Jay spent the day with Christy and they got to lounge (although I doubt Jay lounged, ha) at a private pool and then it was more ice-cream!
Friday - Both boys received an invitation to go boating with Grandma and Grandpa!
Seriously, does summer get any better than that?

No comments: