Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MEN!

My husband has this weird quirk - Whenever he gets sick, he wraps himself in layers and then sleeps in those layers with 5 or 6 blankets over him. It's kind of gross because you can imagine the condition of our sheets the next morning. Mike says he's "sweating" out whatever illness he may have but I find it disgusting. The last two weeks Mike has been battling a cold or something and up until about two weeks ago we still had our electric blanket on the bed (dual controls, I haven't turned my side on since April). Recently, Mike "layered" himself like a burrito and put on his under clothes, a T-shirt and his sweat pants and socks. This was about 8 or 9 days ago when the weather was WARM! Then he turned his electric blanket up to high and went to bed. I mean REALLY, I find it kind of repulsive and if I remember correctly I think I choose to sleep on the couch that night and I immediately washed the sheets the next morning. When I tell my friends that Mike does this I often find that many men believe in this "technique" of ridding themselves of whatever toxin they may have. I find I just have to shake my head because I just don't get it.
Then over the weekend I experienced something with my boys and it happened with each of them on the same day. On Saturday morning, Jay and I were in the restroom at Panera. We were each in our own stall when I noticed I had no toliet paper. I asked Jay to hand me some from under the stall (right next to me). Right away he handed me toliet paper but when I went to actually use it, it was only 2 sheets. I made do but clearly boys do not realize it takes more than 2 sheets of toliet paper for a woman. Then that afternoon I had the exact same experience with Nick. He too was in a stall right next to me when I noticed I had no toliet paper. When I saw his little hand under the stall handing me more T.P., I just knew that my little Nick would surely come through for me but No, once again I was handed just 2 pieces of toliet paper. What are the odds? Living in a household of all men has certainly taught me a lot in terms of their little quirks!

No comments: