Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Extravaganza







As I'm sitting here blogging it is 4:45 on Sunday afternoon and I can't believe it. The weekend flew by. Whirl-wind weekends are typical in my world but it seems as if in the summer they go by even faster. I guess the old saying, "Time flies when you're having fun," is true! We kicked the weekend off with Nick's bible school program in the park on Friday night. Saturday morning Jay jetted off with Kim to Lake Michigan to go boating with Kim's childhood friend, Amy. Jay had a ball! Nick spent the night with Nana and Mike and I enjoyed the good company of our friends, the Ausili's. We had dinner together and watched the movie, "The Hang Over!"
Today, our childhood friend, Tracy (she went with us to the spa a few weeks ago) brought her kids and came for a visit. Kim and I had never met Tracy's two little boys. The kids ranged from age 8 (Jay) all the way to Lauren (age 2). It's funny because when you know someone as long as Kim and I have known Tracy we remember exactly what she and her sister, Lindsay, looked like as a kids. We joked that Tracy has a "little me" and a Lindsay (her sister) except they are boys! Her older son looks just like her and her younger son looks just like her sister. They were too cute. And little Miss Lauren held her own with those 4 boys! Way to go, Lauren!



No comments: