Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nick strikes again

Nick with the enormous toad he caught!

Mike using some "specialized" tool to try and get the toad out of the bird-house.
Ta-Da, the toad is free and the bird eggs can hatch!
Nick strikes again (remember the toothbrush incident a few weeks ago?)! He caught an enormous toad and when I wasn't looking he proceeded to stuff it into one of the bird-houses and he choose the bird house that has bird-eggs in it! Out of the corner of my eye I saw him doing it but it was too late. Picture me- like in a movie going in slow motion- running across the driveway yelling, "NOOOOOOOO!" As usual I was too slow for Nick. I peeked into the birdhouse and saw Mr. Toad staring back at me. If he could talk I'm sure he would have said "What the????" Jay was upset because he is obsessed with watching the bird-eggs and he was sure the eggs wouldn't hatch now that a toad had been sitting on them and probably peed on them. Thankfully, Mike used one of his tools and got the toad out. Crises averted, until the next one strikes.


2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Amy! Garrett was my little toad catching boy. He didn't put them in the birdhouse, but he did take one to school in his pocket in first grade and kept it in his desk all day. The toad was completely undetected until the end of the day. I hope the bird eggs came out unscathed!!!!!

Katie said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I feel like I know your boys since Kim talks about them so much and also posts pics of them on her blog. We enjoyed having Jay with us at the fair last summer. They are both so cute! Aren't boys fun? They keep life very interesting and full. :)