Sunday, August 1, 2010

Conclusion of summer

As the weekend comes to an end I can't believe it's Aug. 1! I realize that my mom and sister, who are both teachers, are not looking forward to the start of school but I am!! Usually this time of year Jay prowls the house like a caged animal, the first sign that he's ready to go back to school. Today, the boys headed outside with Mike and during a 30 minute time span both boys came in and out of the house 7 times. It's like neither of them can settle. And I am also utterly exhausted. As fun as this summer was and continues to be, I'm beat! Even I am ready to get back to our regular routine.
The picture above is of Nick on Saturday morning. Every Saturday morning his first request is always for pancakes. Then Jay devised a make shift carrier for his gerbils. As you can see Mickey and Minnie are still doing well, but that hasn't stopped Jay from asking about what his next pet will be. Ha!

1 comment:

LOMO Family said...

I just love Nick's blue eyes and Jay's dark brown eyes! I also love reading about life with 2 boys...I have a feeling my life may be as exciting as your life with 2 (or 3 including the husband) boys:)