Saturday, October 9, 2010

My boy of fall

Jay played flag football last year but now that's he's 8, he can play tackle football! Jay loves the contact that football provides. I thought he would be best at carrying the ball but he's really an excellent tackler - even though most of the games he plays a lot of offense. I've watched Jay's team work as a team and as a result they have really improved. The boys have lost 3 games and won 2 and today's game.....they won 21-0! But honestly, to Jay, it's not about winning and losing, he's really gained a lot from the sport. He's established some good/solid friends and has excellent coaches that he's looks to for leadership. Football has given Jay something to really feel good about. It's been an all around positive experience. Way to go Olympia Spartans!!
All smiles after today's 21-0 win! Jay carried the ball and made some yardage! Yeah!




1 comment:

The Stille's said...

I am so glad the sport he loves is the sport I love I can't wait to see him play