Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Priceless


If I could make my own visa/mastercard commercial tonight it would go like this: Four-wheeler for 8 year old boy, couple hundred dollars, Momma giraffe costume, $80.....two over the top happy boys. PRICELESS! To follow up from my last blog, I wrongly accused my niece. Either that or Jay really has her back. Ha. We presented him with his four wheeler tonight and he said he had no idea. Honestly, it was the most enthusiast reaction I've ever seen from Jay. He jumped up and down screaming, "AWESOME!" He drove it around the yard for 15 minutes and then it died. But never fear......Mike fixed it and he zipped around the yard another 30 minutes or so. It felt good to give Jay something that he really wanted (and we could afford) and tell him we were giving it to him because he's shown us time and time again recently what good choices he's making and how hard he's working in school. Even when his four wheeler broke down tonight he never once complained, he was only concerned with helping Mike getting it fixed. You know that song by George Strait, "The Best Day." It's about a little boy who sings about the best days of his life. It starts with spending the day with his dad, to driving, to getting married. In Jay's "Best Day" song, this could very well be the start of his song.
The $80 I spent on my large and obnoxious giraffe costume was worth every penny for so many reasons. There is nothing like hearing my entire family in gales of laughter and that is exactly what kind of entertainment this giraffe costume has provided. It has made my 4 year old smile and giggle in a way I can only hope I remember when I'm old and gray - thank goodness for my blog, huh? As soon as the package arrived, the two of us put our costumes on and Nick cuddled right up to his momma giraffe. He was quick to point out what a glorous tail I have too. But what also made it so great was Jay and Mike's reaction. They were in stitches over it. Jay couldn't believe I was actually going to wear it. I told him if he made fun of me too much then I would put the costume on and drive him to school tomorrow. I made a mental note that that will be a great way to threaten him from here on out......"Watch it, Jay, or I'll show up at school in my giraffe costume."
The evening ended with Nick and I sitting at the breakfast bar discussing our costumes and he told me, "Mom, we are going to be the cutest giraffe's ever!" I couldn't agree more, Nick.


No comments: