Monday, October 11, 2010

Who let the cat out of the bag?

Anyone who knows Jay knows he's been dreaming of having his own 4 wheeler for about a year now. He draws pictures of them, he researching them on the internet, he loves viewing YouTube footage of 4 wheelers. Bottom line, that boy has 4 wheelers on the brain! Jay is also a pretty good kid. He's made some good choices and is working hard in school. Mike and I finally found a used 4 wheeler (for a kid) for a price we were comfortable with. We just got it yesterday but Jay won't find out about it until later this week - because Mike is on a business trip. Last night, Lauren (my niece) spent the night with us. Jay was with my mom and Nick was with Aunt MiMi so it was just Lauren. When we got home, Lauren and I took a spin on Jay's new 4 wheeler. I never thought anything about it - She is 2 but almost 3. She is also exceptionally bright. Me, my mom and sister and the 3 kids met up for breakfast this morning and the kids played together at the park - in other words there was a lot of time when the kids were out of ear shot. In passing today Jay mentioned we had a 4 wheeler and it was in the shed. I must have looked like a deer caught in headlights! I didn't question Jay too much b/c I didn't want to give anything away but I was stunned. Could Lauren have told him? I basically let the subject drop and so did Jay and it's not like he's asking to go out to the shed - probably b/c he's relying on the word of a 2 year old and thinks, what does my 2 year old cousin know anyway? I immediately called my sister and according to Lauren she did tell Jay but again, we're taking the word of a 2 year old! So, all I can do now is wait until Jay gets his 4 wheeler and at that time I'll ask him about his comment today and if indeed his 2 year old cousin let the cat out of the bag? Stay tuned...........

1 comment:

Steph said...

Love it! I think you answered your own question though. She is a smart little thing so I'm sure she did tell him! HEHE
I would love to hear their conversations!