Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nick and his giraffes

As I've written in my other blogs, Nick is crazy about giraffes & penguins. The great thing about giraffes is they have hair and Nick is often delighted to brush their hair. He has told me that when he grows up he wants to be a giraffe zoo keeper and get up on a ladder to brush their real hair and take care of them. I suppose he'll have to divide his time between brushing the giraffes hair and swimming with the penguins. Whenever Nick sits down to brush his giraffe's hair I'm reminded of the differences between Jay & Nick. The differences between them is what often times keeps me so entertained in this household. Ha! Jay wouldn't have been caught dead (even at age 4) brushing his stuffed giraffe's hair. I wouldn't go so far as to say Nick has a feminine side but he's more sensitive and more focused than Jay. He'll take a little more time to "smell the roses," or brush his giraffe's hair. Nick is a giraffe for Halloween this year and he's asked me to be his momma giraffe. I hesitated because the adult sized giraffe costume is expensive but my mom said I wouldn't have another opportunity like this. Nick is my baby and I'm sure neither of my children will ever ask me to dress up with them after this year - So I ordered the insanely over priced costume. We asked Jay if he wanted to be our zoo-keeper. There was a lot of eye-rolling and he turned us down cold!
Stay tuned for pictures.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweetheart! I absolutely CANNOT wait to see the Halloween pics!!!

Katie said...

OMG I can't WAIT to see pictures of this!!!! Adorable!!!