Friday, March 11, 2011

Whales vs. Squids

I just never know what Nick is going to say next. Just the other morning I had gotten Nick up. He was in the bathroom, standing over the toliet doing his business when he boomed, "Mom, did you know that whales are tougher than squids?" Well No, Nick, I didn't know that but I appreciate the science lesson first thing in the morning.
The other day my mom was in the car with Nick. Before I go into this story I have to tell you that Nick isn't crazy about school and Yes, he isn't even in Kindergarten yet. He complains about school and complains even more when he has to write his name.
Nick, "Nana, I want to be a police officer when I grow up."
Nana, "That's great, Nick, but in order to be a police officer you have to go to school."
There is a long pause from Nick and then, "Do you have to go to school to be a fireman?"
Nana, "Yes, Nick,"
Nick, "OH COME ON!!!"
Nick finally told my mom he would be a semi truck driver. That seemed to make him happy because my mom told him that semi truck drivers needed to know how to read and he seemed to think he could conquer that school task. Let the "fun" elementary school years begin!

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

mom told me that story....too funny