Monday, January 30, 2012

The cute factor

We get our new puppy - Copper - in about 4 weeks.  We are so excited or least Jay and I are.  Mike is doing this whole dog thing because he loves his son and Nick is tolerating the puppy.  Nick's biggest conern is that Copper may eat his gerbil, Minnie.  Mike will be a great trainer, Jay will be Copper's best friend and vice versa and Nick.........well Nick will just be Nick with the dog.  I plan on talking to Copper all day long (since I work from home).  I have visions of Copper sleeping comfortably around my feet while I'm working during the day.  Anyway we went to see the puppies yesterday and they are adorable to say the least!  Mike even said they were cute and Jay can't quite believe it.  You have to know Mike to really appreciate this story.  Mike doesn't make cute comments about anything or anyone - ever!  On our first date I mentioned that his little Geo Tracker was cute and his response was, "Cute, really?"  He then grinned his cute grin that hooked me immediately and replied he was good with cute because he was secure in his masculinity.  Apparently he's still good with cute since he admitted those Viszla puppies were cute.  Jay has mentioned at least 5 times that he can't believe his dad thinks the puppies are cute.  Today he said and I quote......."I still can't believe dad admitted he thought the puppies were cute, the only person he ever thinks is cute is me!"  So true, Jay, so true! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

This whole post is CUTE! :) Can't wait to see a pic of Copper!

Leslie said...

I anticipate your vision will be realized in approximately 2-3 years. Until then expect whimpering, nawing, puddles and puppy tracks some of which are odoriferous. Also, loving licks, adoring eye contact, invitations to be playful, cuddling, wonderful puppy breath and unconditional love which is the most important thing we need to experience and learn. Did you know dog spelled backward is God?