Sunday, March 18, 2012

A beautiful weekend

On Saturday my mom, Kim and I came up with a brilliant idea of taking the kids to the RiverPlex in Peoria.  What a facility!  We were impressed.  Both Craig (Kim's hubby) and my hubby are "indisposed" all weekend so it was just us moms.  The kids swam and played in the park and it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 
Even I got in on the fun!  Although I look like a harpooned whale in the picture, I do like to post pictures of myself every once in awhile to prove I am actually at these events.  LOL!

The boys picked these for me yesterday.  As a side note for my own records this March has been incredible, weather wise.  We've enjoyed 60 and 70 degree weather.  It's been amazing.  The boys have gone to school in shorts most days which is unheard of for mid-March!
The biggest monkey of our crew of 4!  Jay happily went to the RiverPlex with us yesterday - although he didn't have a choice.  Ha!  He is getting so old.  He listened to his I-pod the entire drive there and back - so preteen!  As soon as my mom got to our house that morning Jay asked her right away how her back was.  My mom was touched that he had remembered and asked her. 

No comments: