Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Yesterday was my mom's birthday.  How was it?  Well........let me start with what was good first.  My sister hosted a dinner for her and my grandparents came too.  My sister is a teacher and has two small children but she managed to make a fabulous meal.  She jokingly told my mom to keep her expectations low for her birthday dinner but she didn't give herself enough credit.  Her meal was wonderful.  The craziness of 4 kids never ceases to amaze me.  And then my poor mother was walking down the steps with Luke.  She put him over the baby gate first and then we all realized he was headed for the basement steps.  I made a bee line to stop him before he fell and when my mom realized her youngest grandson might fall down the steps she reached her leg over the baby gate, lost her balance and fell down, landing straight on her back and hitting her head on a cabinet.  Kim said next year just me, my mom and her are going to dinner to celebrate her birthday and I for one am on board with that idea. 
As of today, my mom's back is miserable and she's spending the day in her chair with her heating pad.

No comments: