Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I know I said March was going to be my picture post month but there has been a couple of cute things about the boys I wanted to blog about.
The Math A Thon with Nick goes on.  The other night he went out to the shop to ask his dad if he'd contribute money.  Nick came back in & announced that dad didn't have any money on him (at the moment) but that he'd take the money out of Jay's four wheeling account (the be all and end all in Jay's life right now).  Jay gasped and about had the big one.  Nick broke out in gales of laughter on the spot.  Mike never said that......Nick came up with that on his own.  You gotta love Nick's sense of humor and the innocent dig he made at his brother.  Then the other night Nick and I were driving to swim lessons and Nick was asking me a dozen questions about the moon.  Some I could answer, some I couldn't.  It always delights him when I don't know the answer and he does.  Yes, I often get "burned" by a kindergartner.  He said to me last night......"You know, mom, I ask really good questions." 
Recently there has been a nice girl in our neighborhood who is in Jay's class and she comes over after school to play with him.  She's a really nice girl.  Anyway, apparently Jay has a girlfriend.  I suspect it's this girl but do you think he'll tell me.  I've asked him several times to tell me who it is and he won't reveal her.   This should be a "warning" of what little information he's going to give me during the teenage years.  Jay told me he wouldn't in fear that I'd blog about it.........hence what I'm doing right now but notice how I never mentioned the girls name.  LOL!
I'm really enjoying the boys as they get older and I'm really looking forward to the spring and summer.  My biggest obstacle with them is the bickering and often it's Nick who gets his feelings hurt.  The fate of being the younger brother. 

No comments: