Monday, March 26, 2012

Nick, age 5 & kindergarten

 Copper is proving to be very protective of her boys and although overall she plays with Jay more, she never likes to have Nick get very far from her eye sight.  She's proving to be such a smart dog that I think she knows Nick is the youngest, therefore he requires extra protection.  Ha.  Such a sweet boy and his puppy!
Nick will be six in April.  Can I believe it?  Yes and No.  He's really growing both in body and mouth.  Because he's the younger sibling he can hold his own with Jay and Jay's friends.  That is one area I have to really compliment Jay.  Jay does a really good job of including Nick when he has friends over and his friends are really good to Nick - probably because the majority of Jay's friends are older siblings.  Nick loves to talk and talk and talk.  Mike jokes that Nick's mouth is his best and worst attribute.  He tends to talk at times when he should be concentrating on something we've asked him to do.  But I really do love listening to him.  Right now he's obsessed with learning about God & Jesus.  Today he asked me if I thought the cross was heavy when Jesus had to carry it on his back.  He has a really hard time understanding how you get to heaven after you die.  He can't understand if you walk to heaven or climb a ladder.  He's still trying to wrap his head around the whole spirit thing.  He is my child with a more sensitive side but he's also my child who can complain like no other.  He tends to turn everything into a negotiation!  He can also be full of the dickens.  I didn't blog about this but at Christmas time he threw his hat up on the ceiling fan at school and then sent the teachers on a wild goose chase for his hat.  He told them it was on the playground, in the cafeteria, you name it.  All along Nick was staring at his hat hanging from the ceiling fan having a jolly time knowing his teachers couldn't find it.  Many times during December Jay would walk out of school without Nick and I would sigh because I knew that Nick's teacher had sent Jay out to get me so she could chat with me.  I really like Nick's teacher this year and I can now say that Nick seems to have calmed down since December but as with both my boys........one must always be at the top of their game and stay on their toes!  Nick is pure delight and we joke with him (but yet we're kind of serious) that with his charisma and personality he'd make a great politician one day.

By the way, the picture above is of Nick in his new jammies that Nana bought him.  He loves them.  He put them on and asked for Jay's approval right away.

No comments: