Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The sure signs spring is here and summer is coming

.
In my house I can always tell when spring is here and summer is coming by three things: frogs, turtles and MUD!  Last night as I was cooking dinner I found this on my counter.  Jay had caught frogs and put them in this nice bug friendly holder and put it on my counter.  It was "lovely" to see this while I was preparing food.  Notice how he even used my dish towel underneath
Here is Jay and his friend.  They got home from school and immediately caught turtles and fish!  And although you can't see it, they are quite MUDDY from the waist down.
And here's my Nick with his turtle friend.  The boys think nothing of bringing these creatures home and filling up my tupperware as homes for their new pets.  Does all this bother me?  I'd  be lying if I said it didn't.  I really don't mind all the frogs, fish and turtles but it's the sand and mud that get to me.  Tonight Nick brought in a squirt gun that had been in the sandbox.  He dragged it inside because he wanted to fill it with water - even though we have a hose outside.  I tend to turn into the naggy mom and tell him to take his mud and sand outside ASAP!  And Yes, I get bitchy about it.  But being a girl who sees the glass as half full I am so thankful my boys love being outside.  This time of year and throughout summer they live outdoors.  They have tons of land, water and sand to fulfill their imaginations with.  I am so thankful for that.  I have learned to not sweat the small stuff and although some days are better than others in that regard I really do try and I hope the boys remember and appreciate that....................some day!

No comments: