Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Determined

 Nick is one determined first grader!  His reading has really improved in the last month (thank you, Leslie). Nick is one determined little boy.  He told me the other day he wants to be as good of a reader as J.T. in his class (the best reader in his class).  I told Nick the sky is the limit.  The picture above is Nick wearing my knitted Owl pin from my book club.  I just thought it was a cute picture so I included it.  We recently read, "Wesley, the Owl," and I loved it.  I never would have read it either if it weren't for being in a book club.  That is the beauty of a book club, you are exposed to books you wouldn't normally read.
 Here is Nick determined to learn how to iron.  Or my pathetic attempt to someday score some extra points with a daughter in law.  Ha.
 Nick hanging out with Copper.  Nick has changed his tune about Copper lately.  Mostly because he's motivated to get another puppy - one he can call his own is what he says.
Nick has been determined lately to learn how to tie.  I attempted to show him but honestly my fine motor skills aren't that good and I was proving to be a bad teacher so Mike took over (thank goodness).  Slowly but surely Nick is getting it.  He did say he did not want to go to 2nd grade without being able to tie.  You go, Nick!

No comments: