Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My top 12 for 2012

2012 was a good year.  I have no complaints.  My top 12 for 2012 include:
*Spending New Year's Eve with the Ausili's.  Faith and Curtis spent the night and we all went sledding on New Year's day (today).  The kids had a ball and I am so thankful for friends like Mike and Jenny.  Our friendship has always been so natural for us and we are like family to each other but I also know we are giving our kids memories they will cherish forever.  I pray both my boys have friends like the Ausili's in their adult life - a family they can hang out with and have it just jive with everyone.  Mike and Mike are best friends and Jenny and I are best friends and our kids get along great.  They don't go to school together so they really enjoy the time they do spend together.
*A wonderful and beautiful Christmas.  My entire extended family was healthy and happy!  No weather issues, no deaths and no illness.
*This was Jay's year of independence.  I've realized I had to give him a little more freedom.  With the added freedom Jay has had to prove he's trustworthy.  Thus far he's done great and I'm proud of him.  Jay entered 5th grade in the fall of 2012 and 5th grade by far has been the most challenging.  To think he'll enter middle school in 2013 is daunting to me.
*Nick entered 1st grade in the fall of 2012.  Unfortunately Jay's 1st grade experience has been more positive than Nick's - learning wise.  Leslie (my mom's dear friend) started tutoring him in Nov. 2012 and it's helped tremendously.  Bless you Leslie
*My mother in law made Nick a zebra costume for Halloween.  He was the best zebra ever and I savored his enthusiasm in dressing up this year as I know it will soon come to an end.
*Jay played basketball in the winter of 2012 and liked it.  He likes it even more this year.  Jay also played football in the fall and he says he's not playing another season.  Nick played soccer and loved it but says he's playing flag football in the fall of 2013.
*My friend (and neighbor), Laura, got a pool this summer and the boys and I spent a lot of time in her pool this summer.  We loved it.
*Mike's work schedule was the worst I can ever remember.  It started in Oct. 2011.  Mike warned me it would last a year and he wasn't kidding.  The summer was grueling and challenging.  But we made it through and things got back to normal in Oct. 2012.
*I celebrated my 20 year class reunion from high school in July.
*We went to TN with the Ausili's in May.  We had a blast but we got terribly sick.  The boys got sick in TN and Mike and I got sick after we got home.  It was brutal but worth the trip.
*Nick lost his first tooth in Feb. 2012.
*And the biggest thing to happen to us in 2012 is getting our sweet puppy, Copper.  She fits into our family like a hand to a glove.  She was truly the perfect fit and we can't imagine our family without her.  Nick probably could (ha) but Copper has sure been good for Jay.  Even Mike has warmed to her.

No comments: