Friday, January 25, 2013

Mornings in our house

Since I started working from home 19 months ago I laugh more in the mornings.  It's true.  The mornings are a little less crazy (just a little) and I take the time to laugh more with the boys and at the boys.  There are still many mornings when I pull up to that school at drop off and in my head I'm picturing pushing them out the door.  Obviously I don't do that but there are mornings when I can't wait for them to get out of my car and start their day after a challenging morning.  The boys get up at 6:45 and the fun starts almost immediately.  For example, after breakfast this morning Jay went to take his bath (which he does every morning) and before I knew it both boys were upstairs laughing hysterically because Copper "jumped" in the tub - more like pushed in the tub.  So I had to laugh (a little) and then I had to get the boys re-focused on getting their teeth brushed.  While Nick was brushing his teeth he announced to me that my toothbrush "accidentally" fell in the toliet.  Really!  After the bath tub fiasco it was onto getting back-packs ready, shoes and coats on.  Recently, Nick has learned how to tie his shoes which is wonderful but it takes him forever and a day and he insists on doing it himself.  Nick is always the last one out the door - this is just part of what makes Nick Nick.  After Nick had everything ready to go he decided it was "creepy" to wear his jammies to school.  It is wear your P.J's to school today.  I had about 2 minutes of drama about the P.J's but I stood firm.........it was way too late to change clothes!  Meanwhile both boys were frantically making sure they had a "charge" in their Ipod and Kindle.  I have to laugh about this because this was something my mom never had to deal with but she would say that if she had to add electronic devices to the morning routine on top of dealing with my hair issues she would have lost her mind.  Our car drive consistently includes Copper.  My car is small so Copper is usually in someone's face and heaven forbid if she passes gas on the short drive to school.  The boys love listening to the dumbest song ever made (if you ask me), "Gangnam Style."  However much I hate that song there is nothing funnier than seeing my 11 year old do the Gangnam Style dance in the front seat of my car.  It produces a belly laugh from me.  It's a great way to start my day!

No comments: