Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Jay's first track meet

 Jay is running track this spring and I had a rather rude awakening last night.  I was warned from other parents that track meets can be long and boring and guess what, those warnings were right on!  Jay participates in the long jump, he runs the 100 meters and the 200 meter relay so as a parent I spend 80% of my time sitting and watching and freezing!  Next track meet I will dress for the weather.  The picture above is Jay and his long time friend, Aaron.  They both do the long jump together.  Jay's best jump last night was 12 ft, 4"......pretty good for a 6th grader, if you ask me.  I'm not certain of his time in the 100 meters last night but I do know he was the only 6th grader (all the other boys were 7th and 8th graders) and Jay came in 3rd place.  I was so happy for him.  If only I could have gotten a picture of that grin he had when he crossed the finish line!


No comments: