Sunday, April 27, 2014

Nick's 8th birthday party

 This picture didn't turn out very good but I wanted a picture of it because it was truly a labor of love.  I hand made all of Nick's birthday invites which is really not my area of expertise.  I let my boys have a "friend" party every other year.  Nick and I came up with a  fabulous idea.......we had his party at a pizza place which has its own gym.  I thought it was brilliant.....pizza and basketball, kick ball and dodge ball.  Nick invited his entire class.  About two weeks before his party, after the invites were sent out, we found out another boy in his class was having his birthday party on the same day, at the same time but in a different town (so in other words there was no way the kids could come to both parties).  It was a rough few weeks leading up the party.  Nick was upset because he thought no one would come to his party and Mike and I thought about rescheduling his party but in the end that wouldn't work either.  As it turned out it was a great party.  He had about 10 kids come and it was actually the perfect number of kids.  Four of them were girls so it helped tame those crazy boys.  ha. 
 Here's the cake my mom made for Nick.  Nick picked a dog for his 8th birthday.  The poor dog took a bit of a beating during transport but it was all good. 

                                                                    Lauren and Lukie.
 These pictures are just a preview of how wild things got.  The boys.......my son being one of them got wilder as the party went on. 
 Nick gave his "blessing" to Jay to invite his friends, Aaron and Reece.  It actually helped having the big boys at the party.  They helped with the games we played. 
This is Nick's friend, A.........These two boys are a lot alike - lots of energy and laughs!  Notice the "For Rent" sign in the back.  I thought it was appropriate since this was the bitter end of the party.......I was thinking....."For Rent, two boys."  It was a good party though and Nick really enjoyed it! 

No comments: