Saturday, April 12, 2014

Our "crazy" week

 I have noticed that pictures I've been taking with my camera are looking grainy (like the one above) - Ugh!  Anyway, that isn't what this blog is about, just felt like I should point that out before I got started.  Ha.  This is the season of our lives where on Sunday afternoons I'll look at our week ahead and say to myself, "Yikes, this is a really busy week, but next week should be better." And the following Sunday I look at my calendar and repeat the same thing.  All our weeks are busy.  I like being busy and I like keeping my boys busy.  Jay is truly at his best when he's in an after school sport but I found this week that it was too much.  I was tired and grouchy by Friday.  I helped run a carnival at school last night and I could not do it with a kind heart and I don't like that.  I posted the picture above because it shows how long Jay is getting.  This week during practice he said he jumped 15 feet!  Crazy!  I joked with Mike that that's Jay's deranged monkey coming out!  No wonder he's good at the long jump. 
 And this sweet puppy has been sleeping with Nick at night.  This is how they sleep together.  Doesn't Cole look like a person next to Nick?  Copper gets herself curled up like a snake in Jay's bed but not Cole.  Most nights both dog and boy crash because the weather is nicer now and they are playing outside all evening. 
 It was spirit week this week at the middle school.  One day it was "crazy" day - kind of went along nicely with our "crazy" week, I thought.  This is about as crazy as Jay gets.  He wore Christmas socks and crazy 3D glasses and trust me for Jay, this is really an accomplishment. 
 Notice how these last two pictures are sharper.  I took these pics with my phone.  Go figure.  Nick is taking a basketball class once a week with his friend, B.  This week B. came home with Nick after school and the boys played at froggie island until their class. 
And this picture sums up how I felt on Friday night.  I felt like Nick looked.  Here's to a more relaxing weekend (no track meets, woot, woot) and a calmer week next week - Yeah right. 

No comments: