Sunday, April 13, 2014

Psalm Sunday

 Today we had spent some time with my mom for Psalm Sunday - Praise Jesus we can still get together and keep it real.  When we all get together it's usually (notice how I used the word usually and not always) a hot mess!  Kids are fighting, our husbands are either asleep (Craig) or playing on their phone (Mike) and mom is just trying to feed her family and enjoy her grandkids.  But here's the beauty of it, we can all laugh about it.  When we left my mom asked Kim and I if we ever left her house with a headache or feeling tense because things hadn't gone as planned or perhaps we felt unwanted pressure from mom that things didn't go "as planned" and I can tell you Kim and I NEVER feel that way.  Why, you ask, because my mom keeps her expectations WAY LOW!  Way to go, mom, we love you. 
 And here are the 4 smiling "darlings."  We still have some work to do to get them to all smile appropriately (Nick) and look at the camera (Luke and Lauren) but dangit, we got the picture anyway. 
This picture is just funny.  Kim grabbed Jay and reminded him how she use to rock him as a baby and now he's all legs!

No comments: