Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Humorous signs that 40 is right around the corner - literally!

My girlfriend, Jenny, and I enjoy green smoothies.  We've both spent some time in "perfecting" our smooth recipes.  We've learned that frozen fruit works much better than fresh fruit and we learned the Nutri Bullet is a lot of bang for your buck!  We love our nutri bullets.  Last week we got together for a quick birthday celebration for Nick.  Jenny was sharing a new discovery about our green smoothies.  She was advising me to buy the fresh spinach in bulk, put them in freezer bags and freeze them.  She went on to point out it would be a real savings and we'd have spinach available at all times.  I suppose Jenny and I were a little giddy about the prospect of frozen spinach because sweet 13 (almost 14) year old Faith piped up and said, "Geez you two are awfully excited about frozen spinach, you've been talking about your green smoothies for the last 15 minutes!"
Then this morning Nick went to give me a hug and as he was wrapping his arms around me I said out loud, which was my first mistake, "Nick, I'm so glad you can still get your arms around me.  After all I'm almost 40!"  His quick response was, "Yeah but barely, mom."  And that folks is a sure sign that 40 is only 4 days away for me. 

No comments: