Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nursing home designator

I've been sick lately.  This illness really knocked me out for a good 24 hours.  I could hardly get out of bed to go to the bathroom.  As with most moms when they get sick, life must go on but in my house there is one person who actually cares that I don't feel good - Nick.  Now before anyone thinks that I'm "dissing" Mike or Jay, I'm not.  Mike and Jay have other wonderful qualities and Mike is actually quite thoughtful but Jay........not so much.  I love that 12 year old boy of mine to the moon and back but thoughtfulness is not his thing.  I am apologizing now to my future daughter in law.  All I have to say is I am still trying, my work is not done yet.  Nick is quick to ask me how I'm feeling, how my day was and if I need something, Nick gets it for me.  So today I made a decision if I had to pick which child would some day pick my nursing home it would be Nick (sorry Jay).  Nick would put thought into what kind of a home he put his mom in.  Jay on the other hand would probably put me on a street corner with a sign that read, "Feed this woman."  Whether we choose to admit it or not, all moms know which one of our children we want to pick our "home" for us.  There are certainly other things I would want Jay to do for me later in life.  He'd be great at helping me pick out a dog later in life.  He'd do the research for me and come up with a dog that would best fit with my elderly lifestyle.  But as far as my nursing home goes, I'm designating Nick.  

No comments: