Thursday, July 17, 2014

Clingman's Dome

 Every time I go to TN I'm overcome by its beauty.  I look out over the mountains and think that if TN looks like this then imagine what heaven might look like.  On our first full day in TN we went to Clingman's Dome.  It is a bit of a drive, about 7,500 feet up but part of the highlight of TN is our kids get to sit in Mike's truck bed during drives and they love it.  As we climbed in elevation the temperatures kept dropping.  Once we parked we had to walk about a half mile straight up to the dome.  Needless to say every time I go to TN I do not lack for exercise.  Once we got to the top the view was amazing.  I'm told you can see several states from the top but since I'm geographically challenged I didn't see any. 


 I have such a stupid smile on my face.  Jenny and I asked Jay to take this picture and he gave us no time.  I didn't even have time to suck in my stomach!  Boys!




No comments: