Sunday, July 27, 2014

For Tonight

This week has been sad.  Sad stories have surrounded me.  A family in a town not far from where I live were in a car accident on their way home from vacation.  Mom, dad and 14 year old twin boys.  The car accident took the lives of three of them except one of the 14 year old boys.  This boy has lost his entire family, his mother, his dad and his twin.  I can't even wrap my head around it.  I don't understand it and my heart aches for this boy.  I know they say that once one gets to heaven you never want to come back but as a mother I wonder about this.  Her baby is left here on earth, to try and tackle the rest of his life without his family.  My mom shared with me this week about a friend she knows with a boy the same age as my Nick who is battling leukemia.  Then another person I know who is my age and is approaching the one year anniversary of her husband's death is really struggling now.  She is raising 3 kids on her own and has many hard years of single parenting ahead of her.  All these issues make mine seem small, which they so are.  I know I must live each day to its fullest and be thankful for each and every day.  I try, boy do I try but sometimes I fail.  But for tonight I am glad to hear Jay and Nick's laughter on the trampoline.  I am thankful to see Mike throwing a football with the boys in the yard and I'm even thankful for the doorbell Nick keeps ringing as I type this, bugging me to come out and watch them play football.  So for tonight I'm signing off to watch some football between my three boys. 

No comments: