Thursday, July 31, 2014

Missing Jay

So it's Thursday and Jay's been gone 3 1/2 days.  He gets home tomorrow evening.  This is the text I got from him on Tuesday night.
Jay: Hi
Me: Hi, how are you?
Jay: Good
Me: Good night, love you
Jay: I miss you and dad

Of course the big difference is the texting vs letting writing.  I remember writing my parents letters when I went to church camp/mission trips.  Sadly kids these days don't write letters (least of all my boys).  We get texts now.  Ha.  Anyway, on Tuesday night he texted, Wednesday night he called but we only talked for maybe a minute.  I'm anxious for him to get home so we can hear all about his trip.  I am really missing him.  I remember when I went to church camp.  I did pretty well up until mid week.  By the time Friday night came I was wild to get home.  I sense Jay will be the same way.  Can't wait to hug him tomorrow and hear about his trip. 

No comments: