Friday, July 18, 2014

Our TN hike

One thing we always due in TN is hike.  It's something all 8 of us enjoy doing.  The kids are usually 10 feet ahead of us and we nominate one adult to keep up with them - always a challenge.  But whoever that adult is, they get a work out.  This year it was Mike Ausili.  Snakes in TN were apparently heavy this year.  Jenny got up close and personal with one when she almost stepped on a rattle snake!  Thankfully she wasn't hurt but it scared her and me........my husband, however, didn't seem too bothered by it.  The hike this year was the most intense hike I've ever taken in TN.  It was straight up on very rough terrain and I mean very rough.  The bad news was I severely strained my back the morning before the hike but I refused to stay behind while everyone else went hiking which I probably should have done.  My back paid the price for it that night but it was a good hike and as always we loved the views.  An added bonus was the waterfall at the end of the hike. 




No comments: