Monday, July 28, 2014

Jay's leap of faith

Generally speaking both my boys are photogenic but in this picture of Jay, not so much.  However, look past the goofy look to the story I am about to share.  Jay and Nick have really come a long way this summer in terms of their relationship.  Even my tutor, Elizabeth (who was with the boys last summer) has noticed the positive change.  Jay left today for a week long mission trip.  After I put the boys to bed last night, Jay snuck into Nick's room and invited him to sleep with him in his room.  This morning I found Jay asleep in his bed and Nick sprawled across Jay's floor, sound asleep.  Nick gave Jay a big bear hug when he left this morning and despite the painful look on Jay's face he was happy to accept his brothers affection. 
And this is Jay's big leap of faith.  I'm so proud of him.  He's headed off for a week long mission trip.  This past year I put a lot of miles in my car driving Jay to small group on Wednesday nights.  It was not easy.  It required him eating on the run, balancing sports, homework and small group.  On Wednesdays he would leave the house at 7:30 for school and not get home until 8:30 at night but it was all so worth it.  He made friends with the boys in his small group and now they are off for a week to serve.  I pray he is a blessing to others and that he grows in his faith this week. 

No comments: