Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The benefits of a lake

My boys have spent a lot of time at the beach this summer and for those of you who don't know me and read my blog just for the fun of it, let me tell you this beach I'm referring to is nothing fancy.  In fact it's the opposite of fancy but my boys seem to enjoy it just the same.  They are boys!  Nick enjoyed building a sand castle the other day and this summer they have loved fishing.  They fish everyday (so far, no frog catchings unlike last year where we enjoyed a lot of frog legs for eatin).  Most days they come home with fish.  Their goal is to catch enough fish to have a big fish fry with friends in August.  Somehow I think Mike and I will be taking a trip to Sam's to supplement.  I've been told many times that where we live is a great place to raise a family and I'd have to agree. We have access to a lake for swimming, playing in the sand and fishing and for my boys, that is some good, free entertainment. 

No comments: