Monday, August 1, 2016

Challenges

I woke up this morning and told myself I just needed to get through the next 2 1/2 weeks.  On Aug. 17 the boys go back to school.  Every summer, about this time, I blog that I'm ready for the boys to go back to school but let me be clear, never in all my summers of being a parent have I ever been more ready for the boys to go back to school.  My family runs on rhythm and structure and the only structure we have is knowing I go to my basement office every day to work.  Mike has no rhythm in his job right now.  The boys don't know what to do with themselves and due to my injury I don't have the energy to think about what they should be doing - I'm just trying to get by.  Today Nick wanted me to take him to the beach so he could fish.  It takes a ton of energy, physically and mentally, for me to do anything.  After going to the bathroom and getting everything in order I was ready to take Nick.  As I went to grab my keys I remembered Mike took my keys to pick up my mail.  So all the work was for nothing.  Nick was disappointed, I was disappointed and we were back to square one.  On a positive note I am happy to be in the next stage of recovery even though my ankle and foot look like a swollen watermelon.  I try not to spend too much time thinking of the amount of work I'll have ahead of me in terms of trying to get my body back to "normal."  Everything is out of whack from the way I look to the way I smell (kid you not).  Nick was kind enough to tell me my face looked good though!  Ha.  Leave it to Nick. 

No comments: