Saturday, October 8, 2011

The bed making "issue"

You know how everyone has their weird, over the top, "thing?"  Well my weird over the top "thing" is bed making.  All the beds in my house must be made everyday.  If there ever was a day where I didn't make my bed I would most certainly make it before I got into bed that evening.  Because I'm weird about this it carries over to my boys.  Jay's effort at bed making is medicore at best.  Many days I either do it for him or I help him.  Pathetic, I know.  There is no one who can mess up a bed like Jay can.  Most mornings his bed looks like a bomb exploded!  I can hardly stand the sight of it.  This week my co-worker, Vanessa, told me straight up to stop making Jay's bed and to stop helping him.......that his future wife would thank me someday.  Considering she's raising girls her words really got through to me.  Thank you, Thank you, Vanessa because it was just the reality I needed to hear.  I told Jay this week he absolutly had to make his own bed.  He asked me for help but I stayed strong and firm - the answer was NO.  I told him I had confidence in him, that he could make a great bed and turns out he could!  Check out the picture above.  Granted his bed spread is on wrong but it's neat and that's all that matters to me.  So please, please future daughter in law, don't hate me because I enabled Jay in his bed making abilities for 9 years, I promise I'll have that boy making beds in no time! 
 

No comments: