Friday, October 14, 2011

My husband is a genius

I have this issue - Yes. another one.  I get really uneasy when my children get out of my eye sight.  I know there are lots of parents who feel the same way but I've gotten a little ridiculous about it and it's driving my almost 10 year old crazy.  But there is another flip side to this story.  We live in a subdivision with neighbors but we also live in the country in a heavily wooded area.  We have neighbors who live across the street from us but I can't see the neighbors house due to where it sits and how wooded it is.  Honestly I don't have an issue when my boys go to the neighbors house - what I do have an issue with is when I go to call them home they never hear me so I have to go looking for them and this is how it goes.  Jay is riding his four wheeler in our neighbors trails and about the time I think I hear him on the 4 wheeler, I'm wrong and he's headed in the other direction.  Meanwhile, Nick insists he can help me find him so about the time I get Jay tracked down I'm usually missing Nick.  When I finally get both the boys together and instruct them to get their hinie's home (because dinner is ready) my dinner is usually burnt and I'm really cranky!!  My husband came up with a genius idea.  He bought two-way radios.  He put a device in each of their ears and off they went tonight.  It was great because when dinner was ready we just "radioed" them home.  Plus it was nice because even though I couldn't see them (heaven forbid) I radioed them both a few times while they were at the neighbors house to make sure they were both doing okay.  What a peace of mind! 

No comments: