Saturday, October 15, 2011

The best thing about having a 9 & 5 year old (one of them anyway)

You finally get to sleep and I mean really sleep!  Before I get going too much on this blog because my sister and my mother would be quick to point this out, my kids are good sleepers - period!  They thankfully always have been.  When they were both three months old it was like a light bulb went off in their heads and they both started sleeping through the night and I never heard from them in the middle of the night again, unless they were sick.  Now before you start thinking I'm so lucky and Yes, I know as far as sleep habits go, I am but trust me......I always joke that the Lord knew how much I could handle and having kids not sleep was not one of them because my boys run me RAGGED during the day, all day.  But let me get to the whole point of my blog.  I can finally sleep in on the weekends.  Sleeping in to me is past 7:00 - pathetic I know but honestly if I sleep until 7:00 I'm good to go.  And get this..........if my kids are hungry and I'm not out of bed yet they can pour themselves a bowl of cereal!!!!  It's perfection.  But as my children age there are some things that remain the same and I hope will never change.  I got out of bed this morning about 7:15 and found both the boys sitting in the living room watching T.V.  (Jay is usually up at the crack of dawn, crazy boy).  Nick immediately asked where his dad was.  I told him he was still sleeping.  Mike gets up for work at 3:45 a.m. so on Saturdays if we have nothing going on and he wants to lay in bed until 9:00, I say go for it.  I went to make my coffee and when I turned around Nick was gone.  I knew right where to look.  I found him in our bed, cuddled up with his dad!  It's a great way to start my Saturday........a great night of sleep, quiet boys in the morning and cuddles between my husband and son.  Love it.

1 comment:

Nathan and Megan said...

That is precious! I can't wait to sleep in someday.