Monday, October 24, 2011

Kindergarten Bliss

Recently, I've had the the opportunity to spend a little time in Nick's classroom.  I see things a little differently since Nick is my 2nd - and last - child.  Kindergarteners are such innocent, adorable children.  They aren't into making the next up and coming clique.  They think the smallest things are the biggest and their faces are filled with amusement and wonder.  Kindergarten children love to learn!  Nick's teacher asked me to cut a template from a retired kindergarten teacher (Jay's former kindergarten teacher).  As I was cutting I realized the project I was holding and using as a template was dated Oct. 2007 and as I scanned the project I realized it was from Jay's kindergarten class - all the way back in 2007!  Suddenly I could vividly remember Jay's Kindergarten year and it brought a smile to my face.  As I was taking a walk down memory lane I could hear Nick.  He was sitting on the carpet putting his ABC's together and singing the alphabet song as he was doing it.  It was so cute and I thought to myself this year would be my last experience of having a child in kindergarten.  It was bittersweet but also pure Kindergarten bliss. 

No comments: