Monday, October 17, 2011

This & that

Our weekend was really nice.  It was busy but nice.  We headed to Pontiac for Jay's game on Saturday.  We froze and Jay's team got beat but we always enjoy Saturday footbal games!  For once I thought the three of us took a good picture - all decked out in our Olympia gear. 

On Sunday I went shopping with my mom and we had a lovely day.  While I was gone Mike took the boys to Bass Pro Shop and for some reason both boys got these crazy fishes!  Mike said they had passed them and it was all the boys could talk about!  Go figure.  I must admit they are quite comfortable as a pillow.  It's like a giant fish pillow pet - bass pro style.
Of course Nick had to name his swordfish.  He named him "Slappy."  Apparently he gets kind of "slappish" with his big sword!  The funny thing is Nick treats his new friendly fish like he does his penguins and giraffes.  He wraps that fish up at night in his bed and actually gets him tucked into his covers.  That fish never had it so good - all those nights he was propped up on a display case in a busy Bass Pro Shop.  Now that fish is living large with Nick!  I can hear Nick talking to Slappy after he goes to bed.  What he has to conversate about with a fish is beyond me but it sure makes me smile.

No comments: