Sunday, October 30, 2011

Parenting 101

I was going to post pumpkin carving pictures tonight but decided against it.  Stay tuned for those later this week.  Tonight, I just have to vent.  It's been a day!!!  My children have been stinkers all day and every time I turned around they were demanding my attention, fighting with each other or getting into something they shouldn't.  It did occur to me that they are transitioning into a new season and my children but especially Jay has a terrible time with transition.  Nick usually doesn't so I can only guess he's just being a pill just because.  Ugh!  The boys didn't get to play outside today because it was cold and rainy and after they couldn't agree on a movie to watch and started wrestling around the living room for about the 8th time and it was only noon, Mike and I put them to work around the house which actually helped.  I remember back when the boys were 2 & 6 and I would put them to bed at night and be utterly exhausted, tired of all the demands of parenting.  Now that the boys are 9 & 5 I don't have those days as often but today was a good flashback!  Parenting is hands down the toughest job on the planet.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade the boys and I love being a mom, especially their mom but wow, there are some days when 8:00pm can't come fast enough - Hello bedtime! 

No comments: