Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Busy but thankful

Jay has this week and next week left of football practices and tonight he starts basketball practice.  What does this mean?  It means that for the next two weeks he has either football or basketball practice every week night except for Friday.  And tonight after basketball practice he has Cub Scouts.  After football is over he'll only have basketball practice two nights a week - much more manageable.  I am not a parent who over schedules my kids.  When basketball sign up came around I encouraged Jay to sign up because it was something for him to do this winter - something to help his increasing energy level.  Ha.  But I don't like all the running lately.  I am thankful though that I work from home and the boys have some down time after school before heading to the next activity and most nights Nick doesn't have to go anywhere.  He hangs with either Mike or I - it all depends on who is taking Jay to practice.  But even before I worked from home Mike picked the boys up from school and they still had their down time.  The other day I was listening to a mother of 5 who works full time (her kids at 19, 8, 7, 5, and 8 months)  and I was amazed at all the balls she had to keep in the air.  All parents have to keep several balls in the air and it can get challenging.  I'm just thankful that for my own personal situation we seem to make it work for us.  It certainly isn't perfect but as my mom and I always say........Good enough!

No comments: