Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The basement project

We've lived in our house for 7 years now.  I love our house but......isn't there always a but?  But it's all open which is great but we are always together - always!  Now this is not a bad thing but we do have growing boys and only 1 T.V. in our entire house.  This winter after a hard Saturday of the boys wrestling all over the living room floor I suggested to Mike that we "finish" the basement or at least set it up so I could use the same line my mom did when I was little........"I've had enough, you two go to the basement!"  So Mike put up can lighting, we bought some games, a futon (thanks Cousin Michelle) and set up a T.V. for the Wii & DVD's.   There is no carpet and it's cold but the boys love it and the project produced the desired outcome - getting the boys out of the living room!  Ha.  Plus it helps because when Jay has friends over, we're all hanging out in the living room.  It gives Jay and his friends some privacy and fun. 
The futon with the Wii.  I put a huge blanket on the futon so the boys can wrap up and keep warm while they watch a movie or play Wii.
The basketball & football games and the kick boxing!  I mean really.....could this basement scream any louder that it belongs to boys?
The hockey table.
                                                                Thanks Mom!!  We love our new boy cave!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What an awesome "boy cave!" I just caught up on your posts...the first grade thing is hilarious!!! Poor kid!!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.