Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thoughts about first grade

Out of the blue this morning Nick asked me several questions about first grade.  His first question was whether or not first grade was hard?  I responded by telling him it was harder than kindergarten.  He pondered that answer for awhile and then asked me if he'll have to do math in first grade.  Then his final question was if he was tall enough for first grade?  I love how Nick thinks.........although what goes on in Nick's brain is often a topic of conversation in our home.  His imagination provides a lot of entertainment for us.  Nick has been my cuddler lately and I love it!  On cold winter nights he loves to jump up on my lap and wrap a blanket around us.  The flip side of Nick's personality is he's a stinker!  It is not unusual for me to get notes home from the teacher or calls.  But I try to keep it all in perspective.  His shannigans are normal kids stuff but it can get exhausting! The thing is he's quite hysterical but Mike and I are trying to channel that funny personality so that he doesn't become the class clown and trust me, it's a challenge! 

No comments: