Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Glory Be!

I have spent a lot of time on my knees lately praying for Jay - for a variety of reasons.  Most days I have no idea what I'm doing with him and feel like I'm doing nothing right..........hence all I can do is get on my knees and pray.  My most recent concern has been Jay's reading or lack there of.  When he reads to me I almost start to hyperventilate from worry.  I worry he'll always be behind in reading.  I worry he'll be a terrible speller.  I worry, I worry, I worry.  Don't all parents?  It's part of our jobs.  But when I read to him, he's engaged.  The comprehension is there which is a very good thing but the love of reading and reading well is not.  But this morning I had a Glory Be moment.  We were walking out the door for school and suddenly Jay's eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "Mom, I'm reading the best book right now!"  I stopped in my tracks and Jay went on to tell me he was reading a book about the bombing of Pearl Harbor.  He was so excited about it.  Now there is a word I don't use very often when I'm telling a Jay story - excited.  But he really was.  He went on to tell me details of the book.  It was music to my ears to hear him so excited about reading.  Jay does enjoy reading non fiction - especially history books where bombs are involved.  Suddenly my worries subsided.  I took it as God's gentle reminder that Jay is chugging along just fine and to keep having faith in Him.

No comments: