Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tidbits from my boys

The boys have said some cute things lately - even Jay and his 10 year old self - and I wanted to blog about it, imagine that?  The other day as I was putting Nick to bed he asked me, "Mom, you know how Jesus lives in your heart, how does he do that?"  Too cute.  I had my own answer and Mike had his own answer.  Everyone has their own answer in their own words but the bottom line is I was glad Nick was thinking about it.  He then proceeded to ask me what a spirit is?  My mom had the perfect answer for that.  She said our bodies are simply our shell and our spirits are what is within us. 
This morning I woke Jay up and I was almost down the steps to prepare breakfast when I heard him say, "I need a hug.'  I nearly tripped over myself running back to Jay's room to scoop him into a morning hug.  He smiled and said, "I knew you would come back for that."  Ahhh Yeah!  Hugs from my almost pre-teen age son are few and far between so I take them whenever I can get them.

No comments: