Saturday, January 7, 2012

Look Mom, we no longer eat from the kids menu

Okay so my title is kind of dumb but I posted this picture of the boys (and I think they look so grown up) and I thought it would be a good tie into my topic..........Yes, my kids no longer eat from the kids menu.  They cost us a fortune when we go out and going out to dinner is something we love and do frequently.  This happened about 8 months ago.  Even Nick no longer orders from the kids menu.  Mike likes to call them his carnivores.  They are both big meat eaters.  Recently on a trip to Outback Steakhouse Nick ordered an 8 oz. prime rib and Jay ordered a 10 oz ribeye and they demolished their entire meal!  What's more amusing is sometimes they will bring left overs home and Nick is a big lobster fan.  Just this week Nick had left over lobster and prime rib for lunch.  I just laugh to myself when I think of my 5 year old sitting down for lunch at school and breaking out his prime rib and lobster! 

And as a side note.......my snack drawer is working beautifully!

No comments: