Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11.....10 years later

I have a lot of pictures to post from our weekend but I didn't want to post them today since it's the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.  Ask anyone and they knew exactly where they were on 9/11/2001 when the first plane hit the World Trade Center.  I happened to be at work.  My boss came in late that morning and I remember I was talking to my co-workers - without a care in the world - when my boss turned the corner and reported she had just heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.  My first thought was what kind of pilot makes a mistake like that?   As the day went on I watched CNN from my computer in complete shock.  I was also pregnant with Jay and as the weeks went on I was well aware of all the mom's who were also pregnant but lost their husbands in the attacks.  People sacrificed so much that day and in the days after I was never so proud to be an American.  I went to church today and our minister said when you are knocked to your knees......pray.  It's so simple but true.  Today I pray that we as Americans never forget what happened that horrific day.  I also pray for all the people who lost loved ones that day.  I pray for all the children who never got to know one of their parents.  I pray for our military, our fire and police force who all work everyday to keep us safe.  And what I think has been forgotten and is an appropriate prayer for an upcoming election, I pray this country can come together again like it did on September 12, 2001. 

No comments: