Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brothers

It seems like not a day goes by wherein I remind the boys they are brothers and really what would they do without each other anyway?  I have to say that ages 5 & 9 seem to agree with the boys.  I have noticed in the past 6 months they seem to have really turned a corner in terms of how they interact with each other and get along.  Don't get me wrong.......Jay can still make Nick madder than a hornet and Jay can play I'm the cooler older brother syndrome like no other.  The boys have very different personalities but they have very similiar interests and that's what I try to hone in on.  For example, when they got home from school tonight they took their toy guns out to the woods.  It was such a beautiful day and my windows were open.  I could hear them out in the woods playing cheerfully and making each other laugh which was music to my ears.  After they were done playing "cowboys and indians" they decided to put their swim trunks on and fill the sandbox with water (picture above).  It's chilly in central Illinois right now but the boys didn't seem to care - although I think the look on Nick's face looks like he's cold but he'd never admit it.  The boys were so filthy I put their dinner on paper plates and they ate outside.  They loved it.  It was really a nice evening.  We had no soccer or football practice and the boys were outside, playing together for 4 1/2 hours.  This is the kind of night I try to fresh in my mind so the next time the boys fight I can remind them how much fun they really have together. 

No comments: