Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nothing like family

My mom, sister, Luke and Lauren have been joining us at Nick's soccer games and Jay's home games.  I really enjoy having them come along!  The picture above is my mom and I with Jay before his game today.  Of course he can't smile.  That boy!  Doesn't my mom look great?  She has lost over 20 lbs.  I am so proud of her.  Not only does she look healthier but she's moving a lot better. Keep it up, mom, you're fabulous.
I took the above picture several weeks ago.  It's just another example of how my boys (my boys are on the 4 wheeler and the wagon, the 3rd boy in back is a neighbor) have good times together and it's tied into the kind of day Jay has had.  First off he lost his football game BAD!  They boys did not play well, including Jay.  It was a rough game for all of them.  Then Jay had a birthday party tonight for one of his best buddies but the party was cancelled because the boy is sick.  Needless to say it was kind of a bummer afternoon for Jay but there is nothing like a sibling.  Jay spent some time with his brother playing in the sandbox then he and Nick played out in the trails and they have their sleeping bags all set up to sleep in Nick's room.  Jay would never admit it but having his brother around this afternoon really helped soften his mood from his not so great football game and his disappointment in not being able to go to a much anticipated birthday party.  There is nothing like family.

No comments: